My last blog in 2012: My 2013 wishes and predictions…
Last year I wrote a wish list and prediction for 2012 and this year I am going to do the same for 2013. So for 2013 in technology realm specially when focused on Java is as follow:
- Java SE 8 will be an awesome release despite the Jigsaw setback.
- Java EE 7 will bring more ease of use and clarity into the community.
- GlassFish 4 will be awesome and and more people will benefit from it’s modular and extensible architecture…
- In late 2013 NetBeans IDE 8 will rock!
- IBM will push the idea of how cool Rational set of IDEs are and how good Websphere is and people will believe it until the are caught with no way to return.
- RIM seems to be pulling it together and it is likely to keep its own operating system rather than adopting Android.
- Google Chrome will continue eating other browsers marketshare as fast as browserly possible.
- Some of the new cool boys in the JVM town that are claiming to be the next Java will vanish/start vanishing without any trace
- I wish for a very thin and edge to edge tablet and cell phone on top of android so I could switch to another phone. This will be something that Google_Moto will do.
- Maybe I see someone with a Windows Mobile phone somewhere other than advertisements.
What I wish for during 2013, unrelated to technology
- No more war and instead of that some peace and quiet time around the globe.
- No disasters like what we had in 2011 and instead some ground breaking scientific discoveries in medicine, energy and space travel.
- No economy breakdown anywhere in the world.
- To win more bets against my nemesis.
Other predictions for 2013 which I truly like to be proven wrong for some parts:
- Iranian government will not go away and will not change to a sane governing body.
- Pakistan army and ISI will continue supporting /training and harboring Al Qaeda and Taliban and continue destabilizing Afghanistan southern and central provinces.
- Iranian government will continue meddling in other countries affair specially in Afghanistan and Arab countries.
- It is highly likely that Syrian dictatorship loose the battle for capital city and leave the capital but they will remain a player in the country and wreck havoc for the time being.