NetBeans 6.8 released coordinated with GlassFish v3 today. NetBeans 6.8 can be considered a fine step ahead of NetBeans because Sun is officially supporting the NetBeans RCP platform as a product from now on.
NetBeans 6.8 features are as follow:
- Java Enterprise Edition 6 support
- Web Projects with JavaServer Faces 2.0 (Facelets)
- JavaFX 1.2.1 support
- Kenai.com: Connected Developer
- Full support for PHP 5.3. NetBeans is now a modern IDE for PHP as well as for Java
- Full Maven support for new projects and importing projects
- Full support for Ruby and Support for creating Rails 2.3.4 apps
- Full development cycle is provided for C/C++
- NetBeans IDE 6.8 Features
- NetBeans IDE 6.8 Tutorials and Documentation
- NetBeans Platform 6.8
- Videos of NetBeans IDE 6.8 in Action
NetBeans ECP, which the IDE is based on, is a first tier application development platform for Java platform. Anyone looking to develop a desktop application should definitly take a look at NetBeans RCP before making a decision about the framework or platform he or she wants to use.